Saturday 18 August 2012

How to be inspired despite the heavy workload

I have a regular job and an online job. To top the ice cream, I also have 3 daughters of ages 5, 2, and a newborn. As you can see, my job requires full time attention, and almost all the time I have in a day.

How do I stay focused and inspired? 

I just think of how other people who are unfortunate, and have no means to sustain life's daily needs. Whenever I think of that, I could not complain at all. I thank HIM for all the opportunities I have been blessed with, and I thank HIM for giving me and my family a life that may not be filthy rich, but enough to buy almost everything that we need.

But of course this does not mean that I don't get tired. I DO! ALL HUMANS DO! 

To stay focused, I organize everything I have to do for the next day. I am a "post-it" person. Whenever I achieve one task, I remove one post it from my wall. So my goal is to have a post it free wall at the end of the day. 

So how do you stay focused and inspired to do your work? Share your thoughts so other can benefit from it as well.

One thing is to give yourself a reward each time you complete a goal. Giving rewards is a for of motivation. Just like how managers give vacations and bonuses to their employees who perform well, you can also give yourself the treatment you deserve. Go to a spa or have a short trip somewhere during your free time in between goals. The important thing is to give yourself the necessary pampering and a well deserved break so that you can keep going farther. 

Another good motivation are your children, of course when you see them not having to worry about financial matters is a reward in itself. But don't forget to have time with them, money wouldn't matter without someone to share it with (well I guess you already know that ^_^)

Keep it up! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment